DES MOINES, Iowa – A small fire in a bathroom at Lincoln High School forced the building’s evacuation Monday morning.
School officials say the fire started in a first-floor bathroom before 8:30 a.m. and the school’s sprinkler system did turn on. The Des Moines Fire Department tells us the fire was able to be extinguished quickly.
Work is now being done to clean up the water from the sprinkler system.
Students and staff are being allowed into the Roundhouse and Commons and DMPS spokesperson Amanda Lewis tells us classes are expected to resume within the hour.